St James’ Church, Tytherington

To see Christ in all and show Christ to the World

Now part of the Gloucester Diocese, St James’ Church dates back to 1170.  The first Rector was Robert of Wych from 1275 to 1309.  The building itself has changed very little since it was first built, expect for The Chancel being shorted by ten feet in 1779 as it was In such a poor state of repair!

Our Services
We are part of a Benefice that also covers the parishes of Cromhall, Falfield, Rockhampton and Tortworth.
Service times at Tytherington and the other parishes can be found at:
www.falfield.org.uk/church_service_times.html
We are also in covenant relationship with the Baptist Church to bring Christ’s ministry to the people of Tytherington.

Bellringing
There is a long tradition of bellringing in the church which remains active today.
Children also play handbells as part of festive services.

Wardens:
John Williams:   01454 412515
Philip Coward:   01454 281444

Chaplain:          Revd. Sue Phillipson-Masters



Church Events can be found on mythornbury.co.uk






Safeguarding
If anyone has concerns, please use the link below to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding team: